Advantages and Disadvantages of Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening is the most advanced way to whiten your teeth and has been gaining popularity these days due to the great advantages that it could offer people who choose it over other teeth whitening methods or procedures. Just like any other Cosmetic Dentistry procedure, laser teeth whitening has its advantages and disadvantages. If you are planning to have your teeth whitened and you are still undecided about which type of teeth whitening method to choose, it is important to know the advantages and disadvantages for each.
1. One of the major disadvantages of laser teeth whitening is the cost. As you know, this is the most advanced and modern way to whiten your teeth, so you must factor in the cost. You will have to spend about a thousand dollars for this kind of treatment. Unless you are one of the fortunate people who can easily afford this treatment, the cost will be a major issue for this treatment.
2. Another issue is tooth sensitivity. Some patients have experienced teeth sensitivity after getting the treatment but this is just temporary and will subside after a few days. A Dentist will advise you to use a special kind of toothpaste with potassium nitrate.
3. Another issue is the instant change in the color of the tooth. This will make your teeth more noticeable by others. Most people find an instant change in the color of the teeth to be a benefit, while others rather stay away from the extra attention.
1. The first advantage of laser teeth whitening is that you can achieve instant results in just an hour. This is the main reason people opt for this treatment. The first visit will be the last considering that the treatment can last for several years, while saving an extra trip to the Dentist. Since there are no follow ups, laser teeth whitening is a great option.
2. This kind of treatment will not cause any pain or discomfort, so anesthesia is not a consideration. Each procedure is performed by a Dentist eliminating any risk of irritation or other mouth problems due to contact with the gel. A certified Dentist will know the exact concentration of gel to ensure proper comfort and maximum results. Dentists have all the training and experience to perform such treatments so you can rest assured that the your safety is looked after.
3. The best advantage of laser teeth whitening would be the results you achieve right after the treatment. Your teeth will become 6-8 shades lighter than the original color and you can immediately see result when the treatment is done. Unlike some teeth whitening methods, you will not have to wait for weeks and even months to see dramatic results.
Cosmetic Dentistry Experts
View More Articles [+]